What's new

AC88U 2.4ghz issues...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

stholt5233

New Around Here
I recently bought what I was told was an unused AC88U to aid in my WiFi range in my house. I got it set up using the setting my ISP provided me to communicate with the fiber box. Connection speed is great, just under the 500mbps I pay for and the 5ghz WiFi works great in most areas of the house, getting almost 200mbs in a far room.

The issue I have is with the 2.4ghz band. I can see it on my devices, but when I connect, it tells me there is no connection, or it is almost non existently slow, less than 1mbps. Not all of my devices have 5ghz WiFi, so I have to try to use the 2.4ghz. When I check the signal strength it is great, but it either doesn't connect, or it is extremely slow, or it disconnects and disappears.

I tried turning off beam forming and that did not seem to help. Rebooting seems to help for a little while, but then the issues come back. If anyone has some other suggestions I am more than willing to try. The router is fully updated.

I recently bought what I was told was an unused AC88U to aid in my WiFi range in my house. I got it set up using the setting my ISP provided me to communicate with the fiber box. Connection speed is great, just under the 500mbps I pay for and the 5ghz WiFi works great in most areas of the house, getting almost 200mbs in a far room.

The issue I have is with the 2.4ghz band. I can see it on my devices, but when I connect, it tells me there is no connection, or it is almost non existently slow, less than 1mbps. Not all of my devices have 5ghz WiFi, so I have to try to use the 2.4ghz. When I check the signal strength it is great, but it either doesn't connect, or it is extremely slow, or it disconnects and disappears.

I tried turning off beam forming and that did not seem to help. Rebooting seems to help for a little while, but then the issues come back. If anyone has some other suggestions I am more than willing to try. The router is fully updated.

Likely failing hardware, not a settings issue.

As a last ditch effort, install the current firmware, reset that firmware, and configure it minimally from scratch... see if it works.

Reset FAQ
Reset Button/webUI Restore
WPS Button Hard Reset

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!