What's new

AC88U - 386.7_2 - WAN bandwith monitor does not show devices on VPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

andur

New Around Here
Hi, new to merlin and i moved in because it brings so much customization to the Asus router. Mainly to check the bandwith and data traffic.
However i can't see the bandwidth from one of the clients which is using a VPN on their side (not in the ASUS software) , i can't see any bandwidth used by the device.
So while other clients show the bandwidth being used this one (a NAS) shows none at all although I am sure it is using some (testing by downloading files) .

This wasn't happening in the stock version, the NAS was showing the bandwidth used with no issues. I did reset to factory and set everything up from scratch.

Is this like a known issue? Not showing the bandwidth of devices connected by a vpn?

Ah apparently the Bandwidth monitor works fine if the VPN is started *after* the asus router is up. If the router is restarted while the system is connected by cable it kinda missed the VPN traffic.

So i would say this question is solved.