What's new

AC88U Aimesh speeds drop

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MrSweetE90

Occasional Visitor
Hi All,

So I oddly enough I managed to get another Asus AC88U which I though would be great to increase the speeds upstairs. I upgraded both routers to merlin 386.10 and factory reset the upstairs Ac88u. Unfortunately there where issues uploading the Aimesh settings from the main router to the upstairs router which appeared to be WPS issues, I then used an ethernet cable and successfully pushed the Aimesh settings.

Upstairs I got around 470Mbs, after a reboot I couldn't get anything above 70Mb/s. If I turn the upstairs Ac88u off I get 470ish again. I then was looking more into the link quality which is weak and connects via 2.4ghz, so I was moving the router around upstairs but it wouldn't make much of a difference. I then connected the router back downstairs via ethernet to confirm that the slow speeds where due to the weak signal but surprisingly it made absolutely 0 difference.. It was the same 70ish Mb/s, so for what ever reason it seems that once the router connects to the other router via aimesh (irrespective of quality) it goes to 70ish mb/s.

Any ideas? It did the very first time around via wireless get 470ish but never again, I've done factory resets and reboots but no difference.

Screenshot_20230403-184857.png

Main AC88U
459Mb/s
369Mb/s

Upstairs router now booted and connected via Aimesh and straight back down to 98. I havent moved doing these speed tests, that literally is the affect of the second AC88U connecting.