What's new

AC88U AiProtection tells me my NAS is infected, really?! How to dig into it?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jerom7

Occasional Visitor
Hi gang,

I just upgraded my N66U and bought a second hand AC88U : Merlin, speed and AiProtection were the selling points...
(Fyi, I did try a Linksys 1900acs first but stock firmware is crap and I did not have the courage to learn OpenWrt/Lede.
The rock-solid N66U with 374 LTS John's fork should be turned into a media bridge but I'm working on it, not just there yet - no HW accelaration is my next step, after checking other posts...)

After some AC88U tweaking, DFS 5Ghz trouble, flashing 384.19 (from stock 384_81116) & resets - I am now tracking this message from AiProtection Two-Way intrusion :

3 hits every 15 minutes from my dlink old NAS even after stopping Transmission BT...

Is it a "false positive" as often?
How can I get detailed log, did you track such warning?

I know this DNS-320L NAS is outdated and not 100% secure anymore, but never thought it could get infected as I never opened it to outside networks... (Encrypted BT can get hackers knock at your door?!) Was I wrong?

Thanks again to Eric, John, L&LD and all other contributors for all their work, posts & help provided here,

Cheers,

I don't want to state the obvious, but have you run a full malwarebytes with rootkits enabled and/or hitman pro scan accross your nas to see if it picks anything up ?

Nope I did not indeed o_O, NAS only having media files, no executable.
And Linux flavor so anemic on DNS-320L: dual 1000mhz Marvell CPU 256 Mb RAM :p (less than wifi router, lol)

I'll try and run Sophos on it (2016 though is latest build) : http://dlink.vtverdohleb.org.ua/Add-On/index.php

Thanks!

P.S. Found also some posts in the meantime /will dig into these... VPN, reset my NAS firmware? (/ditch it for a Synology), etc.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/trend-micro-two-way-ips-hits.43207/