What's new

AC88u and QOS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Malakaz

New Around Here
If i have gigabit speed through FIOS and i have a PS5 that is hard wired and about another 15-20 devices using wifi such as garage door opener, nest thermostat, TV, amazon box, tablet, 2 cell phones, etc. do i need QOS and game boost on for the PS5? I am currently getting download and upload speeds of 500 with my router. I have a Asus RT-AC88u currently. Also, is the Ac88u limiting my speed to 500? Why not the gig?

I sometimes have a drop in wifi here and there and wasn't sure if its because QOS is on or if the router is just going bad.

If i have gigabit speed through FIOS and i have a PS5 that is hard wired and about another 15-20 devices using wifi such as garage door opener, nest thermostat, TV, amazon box, tablet, 2 cell phones, etc. do i need QOS and game boost on for the PS5? I am currently getting download and upload speeds of 500 with my router. I have a Asus RT-AC88u currently. Also, is the Ac88u limiting my speed to 500? Why not the gig?

I sometimes have a drop in wifi here and there and wasn't sure if its because QOS is on or if the router is just going bad.
WIFI drops are not related to QOS. However, with FIOS like yours turn off QOS in Asus.

If you are using DFS channels the WIFI "drops" may be related to the router getting hit by RADAR. Solution: do not use DFS channels.

WIFI drops are not related to QOS. However, with FIOS like yours turn off QOS in Asus.

If you are using DFS channels the WIFI "drops" may be related to the router getting hit by RADAR. Solution: do not use DFS channels.
Thank you for the input.

Any idea why i would only be getting 500 and not the gig? I read that it could be firmware related on the ac88u, but seems weird

Any idea why i would only be getting 500 and not the gig?
To ensure you’re squeezing the most bandwidth from the router, go to the Administration -> Privacy tab and withdraw from any consents shown. Then reboot the router. If your speed is still below par, replace the router with something newer/faster.

Thank you for the input.

Any idea why i would only be getting 500 and not the gig? I read that it could be firmware related on the ac88u, but seems weird
Could be the cable between the modem/ONT and the router.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!