What's new

AC88u Failed to upload the firmware file transfer cancelled

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

edgezero

Occasional Visitor
Hello Everyone, new user here and this is my first post.

I badly need help. Issue started after I updated the firmware to Merlin 384.6. Then I went to the WebUI and clicked the Initialize option Restore / Save/ Upload Setting. I rebooted the router from WebUI and then router got stuck in http://192.168.1.1/QIS_wizard.htm?flag=welcome. Nothing is displayed it is just a blank page and at the bottom of the web browser it says waiting for 192.168.1.1. Same results using different browsers, incognito mode and private window. I disabled firewall and antivirus (I use kaspersky) even went to safe mode in windows but still no luck.

I tried using the asus firmware restoration tool but I keep on getting the error Failed to upload the firmware file transfer cancelled. Tried using the miniCFE web to upload the firmware but it keeps on timing out as soon as I click upload, then the miniCFE web totally becomes inaccessible. I am not able to telnet or ssh while the router is in rescue mode.

P.S. sorry for my english and thanks for you help.

make sure you use the restoration tool with admin privilege.

I will also try power cycle + reset nvram with wps button
power off the router for 30 sec - 1 min
hold wps button while powering on
wait till the power led to start flashing/blinking
release the button, wait till the router to reboot properly.

make sure you have nothing attached, usb drive, wan cable etc.

and if it help, reconfigure everything from scratch, dont load the old file.

+1 for indark's suggestions - whenever weird stuff happens. I've seen a rash of failed reboots when triggered from software or gui. So the power cycle is a possible cure by itself.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!