What's new

AC88u Router- All Ethernet port shows status as Unplugged even with network cables plugged in

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

neevan

New Around Here
Hi,

I have a question which I have not been able to figure out. Hoping someone here can help

I have an AC88u router. For some reason suddenly out of the blue all my ethernet ports on my router appears to show as unplugged.

The firmware is up to date and it has been working fine, this issue just suddenly popped up.

I have rebooting, factory reset, moved back to an old version. Still the same issue.

Any ideas what this could be? has the port completely died?

Try removing the AC power plug from the router, and be sure you leave the power switch 'on'. Leave it like this for two minutes and see if rebooting it now has fixed the (known, for this router) issue.

Hi @L&LD, I tried that approach but it still did not seem to work. All the LAN ports are still down.

Any other suggestions? Do you think its a hardware issue?

The only other thing I would do is the steps in the link below. If they are followed and the router and its ports are tested after a full cycle, below, then hardware faults may be the most likely issue.

Do you have another power supply to test with? Did you fully unplug everything from the router when you had it powered down? Including Ethernet, power, USB drives, and any other devices too?

After powering down as indicated, did you test by inserting one Ethernet cable at a time?

Fully Reset Router and Network