What's new

AC88U System log latest firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ken Atkinson

Regular Contributor
Noticed this error in syslog , hadn't factory reset after updating , so performed reset setup from scratch , rebooted added my AC66U-B1 as mesh node . rebooted error still present.

May 5 06:05:07 lldpd[354]: minimal kernel version required is 2.6.39, got 2.6.36.4brcmarm
May 5 06:05:07 lldpd[354]: lldpd may be unable to detect bonds and bridges correctly
May 5 06:05:07 lldpd[354]: consider recompiling with --enable-oldies option
May 5 06:05:08 lldpd[366]: cannot get ethtool link information with GLINKSETTINGS (requires 4.9+): Operation not permitted
May 5 06:05:08 lldpd[366]: cannot get ethtool link information with GSET (requires 2.6.19+): Operation not permitted

router seems to be operating okay but concerned that they can't fix/supress something as obvious as this

From what I can tell, this is just gibberish they seem to be unwilling or incapable of suppressing. I look in my router logs all the time and they are full of garbage. No way to stop it over several firmware updates too. So if I'm looking for something really significant I should be actually worried about, I can't find it since the log is full of garbage.

I will add I'm just a simple router user. It allows me and my devices to connect to the internet and that's it. No special routing, no QoS settings, no major changes to the settings. Just mostly defaults with some items changed for safety etc. Standard stuff. And yet the logs are full of stuff I've never seen in the logs of other routers.

I wish they would turn all that debugging stuff off.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online