What's new

AC88u - Unable to bridge eth2 for SSID 5ghz

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SoukoussMan

New Around Here
Hi,

I've configured mu AC88u to bridge each SSID (2.4 and 5) in a vlan via a bridge.
All works except my first 5ghz SSID.
As i've find, this SSID use eth2 (eth1 is for 2.4 SSID) and guest SSID use wlX.X interface.

Code:
admin@RT-AC88U-4030:/tmp/home/root# brctl show
bridge name     bridge id               STP enabled     interfaces
br0             8000.107b44ae4030       no              vlan1
br1             8000.107b44ae4030       no              eth1
                                                                                   eth2
                                                                                   vlan30
br2             8000.107b44ae4030       no              wl0.1
                                                                                    wl1.1
                                                                                    vlan31
br3             8000.107b44ae4030       no              wl0.2
                                                                                   wl1.2
                                                                                   vlan60
br4             8000.107b44ae4030       no              wl0.3
                                                                                    wl1.3
                                                                                    vlan70

I've see in other thread, gmac3 can be the root cause of this issue.
So i've try to disable gmac3 with "nvram set stop_gmac3=0" and reboot.
In this case, i'm able to connect to the SSID eth2 but it's seems it's not bind to bridge. Why i say this ? When i'm in ssh, if i'm connect to SSIDs 2.4 or 5g, i can see something like this : "eapd: eth1 bridged to br1, send to br1" but when i'm connect to 5ghz SSID (except 5ghz guest who works) i've "ifname eth2, wlifname eth2"

Someone can help to understand this ? I search since many days without find something.

Thanks by advance for your help

Hi,

Please, did you find the answer in the meantime?
I am searching to find out what gmac3 is for and if disabling it will cause any problems.

All the best,
amplatfus