What's new

AC88U Upgrade advice for skynet-diversion

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

clvk07

Hi

Have an 88U at the moment. (latest merlin) Using Skynet and diversion. When both are enabled the DNS resolution and browsing sites is slower than were they are disabled.

Would upgrade to the AC86U improve the performance or need to go AX88U?

Hi

Have an 88U at the moment. (latest merlin) Using Skynet and diversion. When both are enabled the DNS resolution and browsing sites is slower than were they are disabled.

I have a ac3100 which is the same router but with only 4 ports. I do not notice any bothersome delays. Maybe do a bit more testing with other devices for contrast.:)

Hi

The real world performance impact of Skynet when idle is immeasurable. So if your question was instead "which router should I upgrade too coming from an AC88U?" in a general sense, I'd say;

AC86U - Cheaper / Similar CPU & Architecture / Noticeable upgrade from older devices

AX88U - AX Support / Quad Core / 8 Ports / 1GB Ram / Slightly more future proof if you're looking for a long term device at a higher cost