1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

AC88U - WDS has it's own wireless macs bridged and can't be removed

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by danbyers2, Mar 28, 2020.

1. danbyers2

danbyers2 New Around Here

Didn't noticed this until after installing a few scripts through amtm (skynet and diversion) so I'm not sure if its something that was implemented or what. Also getting a LOT of blocked inbounds but the research i done on that lead me to believe it was dns bot masking..still not sure though. Id like to upload a log and find out what others can tell me. Thanks for any info and if its something i overlooked in my research, my apologize in advance.

One more thing, when i change the setting to WDS only, it disables my wireless totally.

2. danbyers2

Can no one assist me on this? If not, then where can i find out more info about this? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance

3. L&LD

L&LD Part of the Furniture

Maybe the ones who can help are waiting for that log file you promised since Saturday?

4. danbyers2

Crap, sorry...wasnt sure if I should upload it here. Ok, this was save right after a fresh, hard reset of the router. Setup normlly, went to check to see if the reset took, and the issue corrected, and it did not. Saved log

5. danbyers2

Attached Files:

L&LD likes this.
  6. ColinTaylor

ColinTaylor Part of the Furniture

I don't understand what the issue is. :confused:

"WDS has it's own wireless macs bridged and can't be removed": Are you referring to the "2.4GHz MAC" and "5GHz MAC" fields? That's just information, it's not an editable field.

"when i change the setting to WDS only, it disables my wireless totally": This is what it's meant to do (see picture).
    Untitled.png

L&LD likes this.