What's new

Access intranet guest network incompatible apple tv

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dasus

Occasional Visitor
Not sure why but a guest network with intranet access enabled is still preventing guest devices from accessing apple tv. Works fine on all other bands as long as they are not guest networks, I thought enabling intranet access should allow it to see other devices?

86u

Last edited:
86u latest merlin

"Latest" is meaningless. At this moment in time the "latest" version is 384.13_alpha1. By the time someone reads this there might be another version released, in beta or in test.
Please write the specific version number, since "latest" is a very subjective thing. More than once I've seen people believe they were on the latest version when in fact they weren't.

Ok so you want communication between your Apple TV and your LAN, yet allowing a place on your main wifi network, for some reason you don't want to do. By allowing access to intranet on the guest network, may as well be on your main SSID.

Not sure why but a guest network with intranet access enabled is still preventing guest devices from accessing apple tv. Works fine on all other bands as long as they are not guest networks, I thought enabling intranet access should allow it to see other devices?

86u

Airplay needs to be on the same sub-net as the clients.

Many guest network implementations will have a different IP range than the primary network.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!