What's new

Access Points

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kevlarmpowered

Occasional Visitor
I have an Asus Ac3100 and I was looking for ways to extend my wifi coverage. The AI-Mesh caught my attention, but it looks for me to get that to work, I have to buy full-in ASUS wifi routers for it to work. I don't need the router part cause I already have the AC3100 hooked up to my cable modem. Are there any wifi access points that work with AI mesh? Or can you guys point me in the direction of wifi access points that don't cost an arm and a leg (and have things I don't need)? I need two access points, both of which will be hardwired to a 1Gbps network cable.

You sound astute. In my opinion mesh is for dummies like me who are looking for plug and pay er uh play. You only need two access points so why not just two range extenders that also serve as access points? Maybe something like the Netgear 6150. It has a gigabit Ethernet port to attach to the router and a dual band WiFi for clients.

They should run about $70 each. There other brands, there are cheaper and there are ones with multiple Ethernet ports You have many choices.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!