What's new

Access Server on Forward Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TonyK132

I have 2 routers in series, with the WAN-facing one having all my IOT devices connected including 2 NASs. The back router is my secure network with my PCs. The front router is running the latest Merlin. The back router is running OpenWRT on a TP-Link C7. What do I need to do to allow the PCs on the back router to see the NASs on the front router in Windows Explorer?

Why would you have your NAS' outside of your secure network?

One NAS is used for my security cameras. Some of the cameras are on WiFi, others are wired but all going through the outside router. For another NAS, actually, no good reason. Now that you have me thinking about it, I may bring it into the back router, and put it on a VLAN to limit its internet access. For the 3rd NAS, I use it to talk to the TVs which are on the outside router. Oops, sorry I have 3 NASs.

All the NAS' should be in the secure network, imo.

All the data is important.

And if the NAS are allowed to get possibly hacked, your entire environment will be too.

Thanks for the push. I just moved my NASs to the secure network, and all seems to be OK, except for the NAS that I want to access from my TVs on the unsecure network. What do I need to do to allow the unsecure TV to see that one NAS on the secure network?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!