1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Access to IP phone server and router via VPN

Discussion in 'VPN' started by orvieto, Mar 13, 2018.

1. orvieto

orvieto New Around Here

Hello everyone,
    This might be well discussed, but I couldn't find it.

I'd like to access the IP phone server and router at the office from home. The person who used to work left without any info. He was able to connect to the phone server (and the Cisco router).

We set up a QNAP server at the office via UPnP.
    Here is office info:
    Cable internet modem
    192.168.1.1 - Cisco small router
    192.168.1.50 - Qnap server
    192.168.1.250 - IP phone server

Here is how we access via VPN from outside of office:
    1) Connect to the office via Windows VPN (WAM IP, User/Pass)
    2) Open Windows Explorer and type \\10.0.0.1 (QNAP), you will see all shared folders
    3) Double click desired folder, and type User/Pass

When connected I ran Angry IP started from 10.0.0.1, but it couldn't find the phone server nor router.

I don't know why he could access to the server and router???

Please advise.

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!