Accessing GT-AX11000

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

ROO2020

Regular Contributor
I have asked Asus support several times how can I access my GT-AX11000 router when away from home using my Asus app. I use to be able to do this on my RT-AC5300, it was simple. Asus support has sent me 5 different answers, including, I need to return my router for repairs. By the way, I did that on my 5300 2 years ago, it took 5 weeks to get it back. 11 days of that time was spent shipping from California to me. UPS made 23 stops according to tracking. Unreal. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks.

Kingp1n

Very Senior Member
I don't use the Asus app while away..

The way I access mine is by enabling DDNS on the router under WAN, also create a host name, next you setup the OpenVPN server (keep everything at default) under the VPN tab and create a username and password, then export (download) the opvnvpn config file thru your phone.

You can than download the OpenVPN Connect app on your phone and import the file you exported thru your phone. You the username and password to log into your router while away. I probably miss a few steps but there's a guide in here with specific step-by-step instructions.

ROO2020

Regular Contributor

The way I access mine is by enabling DDNS on the router under WAN, also create a host name, next you setup the OpenVPN server (keep everything at default) under the VPN tab and create a username and password, then export (download) the opvnvpn config file thru your phone.

You can than download the OpenVPN Connect app on your phone and import the file you exported thru your phone. You the username and password to log into your router while away. I probably miss a few steps but there's a guide in here with specific step-by-step instructions.

Thanks. Do you think this can cause a problem for Nest Cameras making this happen? Just wondering why you do not use the Asus App? It has good diagnostics, etc.

Kingp1n

Very Senior Member
Thanks. Do you think this can cause a problem for Nest Cameras making this happen? Just wondering why you do not use the Asus App? It has good diagnostics, etc.
I've been using the OpenVPN Connect app for a long time now. I never use the Asus app while away. I rarely use it every now and than while I'm home though.

I don't think it should create any problems with Nest Connect as I have them and never had any issues.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!