What's new

Account limit on Samba share, password length

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thomas Bihn

Occasional Visitor
The Plus (+) icon was grayed out in Network Place (Samba) Share / Cloud Disk. I found the only way to enable it was to delete a user. There appears to be a user limit. Is there a way to expand this beyond six users?

Also, I tried to enter a password longer than 16 characters, but the software apparently felt that was too secure and said it can't be longer than 16. Is there a way to enable longer passwords?

The 16 character password limit is Samba's implementation of a legacy CIFS/SMB Microsoft limitation - has to do with legacy NT4 and earlier clients...

The Plus (+) icon was grayed out in Network Place (Samba) Share / Cloud Disk. I found the only way to enable it was to delete a user. There appears to be a user limit. Is there a way to expand this beyond six users?

That issue was fixed back in February, make sure you are running 380.58 or newer.