What's new

acsd hogging all cpu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Master3395

Regular Contributor
I have been trying to figure out why my AC88U is spiking on CPU almost all of the time.
Turns out it's from the file below.

I do not know how to stop it from stealing all the CPU.

/usr/sbin/acsd

Attachments

• Skjermbilde 2022-08-20 222428.jpg
    Skjermbilde 2022-08-20 222428.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 102
  • Skjermbilde 2022-08-20 222128.jpg
    Skjermbilde 2022-08-20 222128.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 120
acsd is the WiFi auto channel and/or auto bandwidth control. It might be a bug or you might be using a script that interferes with its operation. Does a reboot fix it?

acsd is the WiFi auto channel and/or auto bandwidth control. It might be a bug or you might be using a script that interferes with its operation. Does a reboot fix it?
I am using Wan DNS settings to google and YazFi for guest wifi.
But other than that, i have OpenVPN (Used a few times a month)
And

I have tried restarting the router, and it helps for a while, then it spikes again.

1661030449983.png

It's a WiFi issue so it's possible there's a conflict with YazFi. You could avoid the problem by getting rid of acsd entirely by using fixed channels and fixed bandwidths for each band.

I tried limiting the channel and bandwith.
Ended up with the image below.

1661032731238.png

You probably need to reboot the router as you still have many duplicated processes that shouldn't exist.

I just restarted, and it still seems like everything is duplicated.

I do have an AC66U connected as second access point on port 2, but i don't think that should call out duplicate on the first router.
1661033156718.png

If it doesn't sort itself out in 10 minutes I would disable YazFi to see if that's the cause.

It looks like it has helped.
But i have to study in the day, perhaps more devices are using internet much more during the day, now it's 00:27 AM for me, and 10 devices are connected to the router.

1661034471157.png

and YazFi for guest wifi.
Make sure that you've updated YazFi to the latest version. In one of the earlier versions there was an issue where it would consume CPU resources. See my post at this link and the subsequent posts over the next page or two of the YazFi thread where a feature addition to YazFi caused a CPU issue and was subsequently discussed and troubleshooted. At the time if I stopped (using SSH) the YazFiMonitor the CPU spikes stopped.
Code:
/jffs/addons/YazFi.d/S98YazFiMonitor stop
The issue went way in later versions of YazFi and now the CPU spikes only happen when I open the YazFi GUI page and go away when I leave that page.
Example: open YazFi GUI page CPU spikes start.
YazFiStart.jpg

Example: Close YazFi GUI page CPU spikes stop.
YazFiEnd.jpg

As a further troubleshooting test; uninstall YazFi, reboot the router, and see if the issue goes away. Could be some weird combo of your router, YazFi and OpenVPN that you indicated you are using.

I will try and uninstall and reboot tomorrow.
I do have latest version.

I just need to re-configure my TV xD i have that on it.

1661039206796.png