What's new

Actiontec ECB6200 MoCA Adapter Hookup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JWadle

Occasional Visitor
I am trying to determine the best way to hookup my ECB6200 MoCA adapter with my cable modem. The objective is to provide the best possible cable signal to the modem and the MoCA adapter to eliminate modem timeouts (T3,T4) which occur with some frequency, and still provide a good MoCA signal for my TiVo boxes and WCB6200Q MoCA wireless access point.

Which of the options shown would you recommend?

Is the cable signal splitting provided by the ECB6200 "TV/STB Out" port (Option #2) better than the signal out of a 2-way splitter (Option#1).

Any other thoughts would be most appreciated.

Attachments

• ECB Hookup.jpg
    ECB Hookup.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 985
Last edited:
I am trying to determine the best way to hookup my ECB6200 MoCA adapter with my cable modem. The objective is to provide the best possible cable signal to the modem and the MoCA adapter to eliminate modem timeouts (T3,T4) which occur with some frequency, and still provide a good MoCA signal for my TiVo boxes and WCB6200Q MoCA wireless access point.

Which of the options shown would you recommend?

Is the cable signal splitting provided by the ECB6200 "TV/STB Out" port (Option #2) better than the signal out of a 2-way splitter (Option#1).

Any other thoughts would be most appreciated.

Question answered. I tried both, both work, but the no splitter option results in a better signal to my modem.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!