What's new

Actiontec ECB6200 Node Info page strange values

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cinergi

New Around Here
Hello,

I've just received my Actiontec ECB6200 adapters and the first thing I did is to verify with Actiontec's tech support that they're running the latest software. They are (2.11.1.50.6200.7 as of today). Next, I hooked them up using the included short coaxial cable just as a test. I noticed a few odd values on the Node Info page of the Web configuration interface: the PHY data rate is only 670 Mbps, and there seems to be a 12-dB difference between the TX power and the RX power indicating an apparent 12-dB loss in the short cable (!). I've attached a screen capture.

I would expect the PHY rate to be > 1 Gbps, and the TX and RX powers to be much closer to each other with this short cable. I can't believe there is a 12-dB loss in the cable. Also, with a PHY rate of 670 Mbps, there's no way the adapters will achieve their rated 1 Gbps user throughput as others have reported in reviews (unless the PHY rate ramps up when there is actual user traffic?)

Can anyone please share their values from the Node Info page? Just want to make sure there's nothing wrong with my adapters.

Thanks,
cinergi

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-20 at 8.29.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-20 at 8.29.17 PM.png
    94.4 KB · Views: 875
In a review somewhere (I can't remember where now), someone ran into the same odd results with a short cable. However, when a normal length cable was used, the performance was more like gigabit as expected. Try a longer cable and see what you get. :)

In a review somewhere (I can't remember where now), someone ran into the same odd results with a short cable. However, when a normal length cable was used, the performance was more like gigabit as expected. Try a longer cable and see what you get. :)
That question was a carbon copy. That was crazy...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!