What's new

Ad Guard install - DNS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

keef

Hello. When installing Ad Guard from the wonderful AMTM there are a number of DNS questions. Are these posted somewhere? I am running Diversion and Skynet and I'd rather not take functionality from either of them in error, they are both running fine. I also do not want to blow stuff up here and face the wrath of the household....

Plan ahead for a change.

thanks

Last edited:
AdGuard Home and Diversion do the same thing - both are DNS-based blockers. Choose one or the other* and then ask more specific questions. AdGuard Home initial setup has many DNS related questions. AdGuard Home Wiki is here:

* - your router is weaker than Raspberry Pi hardware with very limited RAM. The more add-ons you install the more issues you may have.

Ok thanks. I thought I was doing ok with 1g ram in my router. I'll look around.

You'll be doing okay if you are not overdoing it. There is no need to run two extra scripts/applications doing the same thing.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!