What's new

Adaptive QOS - Bandwidth Setting not correctly functional on Manual

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nzwayne

I have a cable package of 380Mb/s download and 30Mb/s upload from Cogeco. On my RT-AX88U (384.11) with FreshJR installed (no manual tweaks) the bandwidth setting when "automatic" with "fq_codel" matches what I pay for.
When I change the bandwidth setting to manual and put in a download value of like 380, 385, 390 etc., I only get a download of 30Mb/s, same as my upload value? Switch back to automatic bandwidth mode, and all ok?!
Thoughts on what's wrong with Manual? Thks.

Are you inputting the up/down values into the proper boxes? :)

L&LD...owe you an ice-cream and decent drink!! Nope...I wasn't, mind boggling how I didn't get that correct. Thanks!!

I have a cable package of 380Mb/s download and 30Mb/s upload from Cogeco.
Lucky duck! That provider in my area only goes up to 120/20 as I recall, and that limits what I can but from Teksavvy. What part of Cogeco’s territory are you in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucky duck! That provider in my area only goes up to 120/20 as I recall, and that limits what I can but from Teksavvy. What part of Cogeco’s territory are you in?

I'm in Burlington (Ontario), Walkers Line/Lakeshore area.

I'm in Burlington (Ontario), Walkers Line/Lakeshore area.

Not too far from their local HQ. That makes sense. Different story down here in Niagara.