What's new

Add AX Mini to AX88U or replace AX88U with ZenWiFi XT8

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kobejo34

Occasional Visitor
Hello all. I currently have a AX88U in a two story home with full coverage in the house. AP is on second floor and all is good. As soon as you walk outside or most importantly in the garage the signal is very unreliable. I will not have wired backbone.

Is it better to add the ZenWifi AX Mini AX 3 pack to AiMesh or just forklift to the XT8.

Would I be able to use the AX WiFi six as the back haul for the fastest speed as I said the AX88U cover the home very nicely so the mesh point should be able to push the signal into the garage.

What is "forklift"?
z120hd-carer-forklifts-for-sale.tmb-custom.png

Maybe "change to" or "replace with" would be better. I've never heard of "forklift" being used in that way. An Americanism?

Maybe a southern American slang networking term used when overhauling a network design like switching from Cisco to Arista. Probably just my inner circle of nerds. Thank you for the feedback I changed it.

Maybe "change to" or "replace with" would be better. I've never heard of "forklift" being used in that way. An Americanism?

A forklift upgrade means to haul out the existing and replace it completely with something different.

The usage here was unclear since the OP was debating which AiMesh nodes to add to his AX88U network... the ZenWiFi minis or XT8. Turns out he meant 'add the mini nodes' or 'replace the AX88U with an XT8 kit'.

OE

Do you have the ability to relocate your AX88U to the lower floor? That alone could fix your issue.