What's new

Adding additional USB wifi radios

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ReaverRui

New Around Here
Perhaps this is more a feature request, but as it is my understanding, the firmware is built upon OpenWrt/Linux (for which drivers are available). Would it be possible to add an additional WIFI radio via USB stick to AsusWrt-Merlin? I know it gets a little complex because you have to consider a plethora of chipsets (not to mention performance probably not great) but if there was some way for a user to install the specific driver and then it loads an GUI for setting and connection stats monitoring. Otherwise you could make settings changes via command-line.

I have a RT-AC68U and do VR/tablet gaming streaming, but i would like to limit the 5GHz AC connection to 1 stream device at a time, but still have other devices, on 5GHz N network, which i have a stick for.

Perhaps this is more a feature request, but as it is my understanding, the firmware is built upon OpenWrt/Linux (for which drivers are available).

AsusWRT is not based on OpenWRT - it's more related to Tomato and DD-WRT, but that fork happened a long time ago.

Moderm AssuWRT builds on the chipset SDK/HDK's - Broadcom's HND platform for most of the modern Asus routers..

I have a RT-AC68U and do VR/tablet gaming streaming, but i would like to limit the 5GHz AC connection to 1 stream device at a time, but still have other devices, on 5GHz N network, which i have a stick for.

You might want consider some of the newer tri-radio models - you could set up and dedicate an SSID for your purposes..