Advice on malware mitigation networking.

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

Msmia42k

New Around Here
Hi. I need advice on best layout for security. I have 2 routers and isp gateway. Routers are asus ac1200v2 and netgear c6300. One will most likely be connect momentarily to pc with remote admin trojan. What is best course action. I have ipad i use on wifi also. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ColinTaylor

Part of the Furniture

Msmia42k

New Around Here
I wish I could do that. There are sone services and drivers I gotta shut down while in safe mode. I never make it. Ive spent and tried and almost but never. If i do get to download anything It is locked or rewritten by malware. I was going to get Norton, Kapersky, or GeekSquad to remote in and fix.. If it can be remote fixed.
All those rescue and live boot cds. I gotta download.

degrub

Very Senior Member
you need to directly boot from the live cd.
Remote will have same issues as before.
Hope bios or MBR are not infected. Complete wipe of system and bios only option that i am aware of.

airgap

Occasional Visitor
Hi. I need advice on best layout for security. I have 2 routers and isp gateway. Routers are asus ac1200v2 and netgear c6300. One will most likely be connect momentarily to pc with remote admin trojan. What is best course action. I have ipad i use on wifi also. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I can't follow that :D it sounds like she/he wants to setup it instead of fighting against a infected computer:

I need advice on best layout for security
I have 2 routers and isp gateway. Routers are asus ac1200v2 and netgear c6300.
One will most likely be connect momentarily to pc with remote admin trojan.
What is best course action.
I have ipad i use on wifi also.

am I the only one here who can't follow the thought here? o_O

ColinTaylor

Part of the Furniture
I wish I could do that. There are sone services and drivers I gotta shut down while in safe mode. I never make it. Ive spent and tried and almost but never. If i do get to download anything It is locked or rewritten by malware. I was going to get Norton, Kapersky, or GeekSquad to remote in and fix.. If it can be remote fixed.
All those rescue and live boot cds. I gotta download.
I said "use another PC to download and create a bootable antivirus rescue disk". If you don't have one do you know someone that has a PC that can download it for you? Or use an internet cafe.