Skynet After upgrade to 386.2_2, firewall (skynet) gives syntax error

• ATTENTION! You'll notice a Prefix dropdown when you create a thread. If your post applies to one of the topics listed, please use that Prefix for your post. When browsing the thread list you can use the Prefix to filter the view.
  • ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

Rombo

Occasional Visitor
I upgraded to asus merlin 386.2_2 today on my AC86U router. Ran AMTM and did option EP & U to update everything. When I type in firewall <enter>, I get the following error message:

/jffs/scripts/firewall: /tmp/mnt/ENTWARE/skynet/skynet.cfg: line 1: syntax error: unexpected "("

I am unable to reinstall because as soon as I execute the curl command, a new firewall script is downloaded and upon execution (firewall -install) I immediately get the error above.

I've done a vi firewall search using the find command (/) for skynet.cfg and all 3 lines where skynet.cfg exists look correct.

Not sure how to proceed from here.

2021-04-17_16-31-53.jpg

dave14305

Part of the Furniture
Delete the config file.
Bash:
rm /tmp/mnt/ENTWARE/skynet/skynet.cfg

Rombo

Occasional Visitor
Renamed it to .old and ran firewall. just indicated can't open skynet.cfg.
Ran the curl command to reinstall the firewall.
Ran firewall & indicated can't open skynet.cfg
renamed it back to skynet.cfg
Ran firewall & had original error.

Rombo

Occasional Visitor
Renamed skynet.cfg to skynet.cfg.old
touch skynet.cfg
firewall seems to work now.

Thank you

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!