1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

AI Mesh DHCP incorrect IP/DNS

Discussion in 'ASUS Wireless' started by Michael Corcione, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Michael Corcione

Michael Corcione New Around Here

I'm having a reoccurring issue where wireless devices are being assigned a wrong IP/DNS address. Wireless devices still connect to the 2.4 or the 5ghz bands but there's no internet connection. When I check the info distributed to the devices the DNS is 192.168.1.249 when it should be .1. The quick solution is to toggle between the 2.4 and 5 ghz band until the DHCP server finally assigns the correct DNS and a different IP.

With connection dropping due to instability or a hand off occurring when moving between rooms, this is happening very frequently. I've seen this issue pop up on multiple wireless devices.

I'm currently running a 3 router setup. 1 RT-AC1900P main node and 2 RT-AC68U models as AI Mesh Nodes. All 3 are running firmware _32799. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. ColinTaylor

ColinTaylor Part of the Furniture

The device with IP address 192.168.1.249 is acting as a DHCP server, it shouldn't be. Try to identify the device with that IP address and fix its setup.

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!