What's new

AI Mesh DHCP incorrect IP/DNS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Michael Corcione

New Around Here
I'm having a reoccurring issue where wireless devices are being assigned a wrong IP/DNS address. Wireless devices still connect to the 2.4 or the 5ghz bands but there's no internet connection. When I check the info distributed to the devices the DNS is 192.168.1.249 when it should be .1. The quick solution is to toggle between the 2.4 and 5 ghz band until the DHCP server finally assigns the correct DNS and a different IP.

With connection dropping due to instability or a hand off occurring when moving between rooms, this is happening very frequently. I've seen this issue pop up on multiple wireless devices.

I'm currently running a 3 router setup. 1 RT-AC1900P main node and 2 RT-AC68U models as AI Mesh Nodes. All 3 are running firmware _32799. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• WifiIssue.PNG
    WifiIssue.PNG
    16.1 KB · Views: 538
The device with IP address 192.168.1.249 is acting as a DHCP server, it shouldn't be. Try to identify the device with that IP address and fix its setup.