What's new

ai-mesh is not using same control channels

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dvohwinkel

I have an RT-AX86U as my main router and an RT-AC-86U as my aimesh node.

I noticed that on the 2.4 Ghz network they are on the same channel and control channel.. but on the 5Ghz network they show up using two different control channels.
Is this normal?

Image 3.png

The one in Red is the RT-AX86U. I thought in aimesh they used the same Center Channel and Control Channels.. Also reported security is not the same nor is Bandwidth.

This is using WiFi Radar from the RT-AX86U.

On the 2.4 Ghz network they are using the same everything.

I have an RT-AX86U as my main router and an RT-AC-86U as my aimesh node.

I noticed that on the 2.4 Ghz network they are on the same channel and control channel.. but on the 5Ghz network they show up using two different control channels.
Is this normal?

View attachment 35807

The one in Red is the RT-AX86U. I thought in aimesh they used the same Center Channel and Control Channels.. Also reported security is not the same nor is Bandwidth.

This is using WiFi Radar from the RT-AX86U.

On the 2.4 Ghz network they are using the same everything.

No, not normal. The router WLAN config should propagate to each node. The numbers for the 49:EC node are also odd, imo. I would remove/reset and re-add the node.

I use these 5.0 settings on the router:

1629316430779.png

- set 5.0 WLAN to ssid-50; n/ac; 20/40/80 MHz; ch 36-48,52-144 DFS,149-161,165; WPA2-AES*

OE

after removing and re-adding it

Image 4.png

That looks much closer to what I would expect. Thank you

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!