What's new

AI Mesh node not found

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Birgir Kristmannsson

New Around Here
Hi there,

I have one RT-AC68U (FCC ID: MSQ-RTAC68U), and a never RT-AC68U V2 (FCC ID: MSQ-RTAC68UV2)

The older router is my main router, with a bunch of configuration, including NAT rules and a custom ip range (not using 192.168.x.x).

I've updated the firmware on both to 3.0.0.4.384_21045, and followed instructions on how to reset the newer router to defaults to be able to add it as a mesh node.
I've also connected to 192.168.1.1 and manually set it to be a mesh node.

However, it is never found by the older router's AI Mesh search function. They sit side by side, the older connected as usual, the newer only on wifi.
I've also tried to do a basic setup of the never router, and have it search for the other as an AI Mesh node - same result.

I'm wondering if any of the following are the cause of this:
a) different IP range settings
b) region - the older router is on EU while the newer is on Q2 (I'm in Europe)
c) hardware revision - the older is on 170, while the newer is on 2.20
d) CFE version - the older is on 1.0.2.0 while the newer is on 2.0.0.6

Anyone have a clue on this?

b

Thanks Grisu,
That worked, sort of :) (I'm referring to the instructions in http://whatsyourrouter.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=387)

nvram show | grep country

still shows so Q2 and 0 values, but after resetting and reboot, I was able to find the new router and add it as an AI Mesh node.
I also had to apply the commands for the new bootloaders towards the bottom of the thread - without those, settings always reverted to original values.

b

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!