What's new

AiCloud 2.0 on RT-AX88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

manup85

Regular Contributor
Hello Guys, i'm new on RT-AX88U + Merlin. wondering if there is a way to get AiCloud 2.0 working like i was using ReadyCloud as i have private WAN ip. ReadCloud seemed using a Netgear VPN service which was working amazing. any plug-in or something similar? thank you

Use the AiCloud app or the Asus Roter app and configure DDNS there and it will create a tunnel for you even if you are behind a non-public IP, but the connection is very slow and difficult to use for file sharing.

Setting up a vpn server over IPv6 is a once and for all solution.

Last edited:
Use the AiCloud app or the Asus Roter app and configure DDNS there and it will create a tunnel for you even if you are behind a non-public IP, but the connection is very slow and difficult to use for file sharing.

Setting up a vpn server over IPv6 is a once and for all solution.
Hello Yota, i have tried both solution, i still not able to login in :( vpn server is billable solution right?

Hello Yota, i have tried both solution, i still not able to login in :( vpn server is billable solution right?
You should try a factory reset, don't do anything with DDNS, then enable DDNS as suggested by Apps, that will be a random DDNS URL that will be accessible remotely just like Netgear does, if Any other DDNS name you set manually, that DDNS will not be accessible remotely (asus doesn't create tunnels for you), you have to do a factory reset and set it up again.

Also, about VPN, @Xentrk wrote a very detailed tutorial on his website
it's free but requires your WAN and any devices connected to your home network to have routable IPv6 addresses.

it's free but requires your WAN and any devices connected to your home network to have routable IPv6 addresses.
I have a pseudo-static ipv6 and only had to adjust the ovpn config file generated by the router.
ovpn_ipv6.JPG

Last edited:
I have a pseudo-static ipv6 and only had to adjust the ovpn config file generated by the router.
ovpn_ipv6.JPG
If it's not really static IPv6, the best way is to use DDNS, I'm not sure if Asuswrt and Merlin firmware now officially supports IPv6 DDNS, if it doesn't you'll have to make a DDNS script to update IPv6 addresses.

In theory 386.8 does support IPv6 DDNS, though it is not working for me. The DDNS process is looking for a Global IPv6 address on eth0, but (probably due to the idiosyncrasies of my setup) I only have a Link address on eth0 and Global on br0. Once the house is a little emptier I will try re-arranging my setup to see if I can solve this.