What's new

AiCloud PDFs do not open

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

note4shawn

New Around Here
I have been banging my head against the wall trying to figure out why PDFs do not open from AiCloud. It appears that AiCloud forces PDFs to open in Google Docs (no matter what you do to the browser or OS) which for some reason cannot read the PDFs that come from AiCloud.

I have tried every major browser and set up default PDF viewers but it ALWAYS goes to Google Docs. I have also checked the box in the browser settings to "Open PDF files in the default PDF viewer application" but that does not work with AiCloud either. I can try to open any other PDF from any other site and they use the external viewer. If I download the PDF (from AiCloud) and try to open it using the default viewer it works just fine. If I upload that same file Google Drive and open it, it opens fine.

Does anyone know why it forces the PDFs to open in Google Docs and how to change it? Or how to get Google Docs to be able to recognize it as a PDF? It is a broken feature that should be fixed.

Thanks for any assistance,
Shawn