What's new

AiCloud to debut on 9/7!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DaveMishSr

Very Senior Member
I just found out that AiCloud will officially roll out on 9/7. I can't wait for Merlin to incorporate it into his builds! :D

I just found out that AiCloud will officially roll out on 9/7. I can't wait for Merlin to incorporate it into his builds! :D
Look forward to it. But wait I will because I do not want to miss out on his excellent builds no matter how long it takes :)

@Merlin - Please do not feel this as pressure. Take your time. We waited long for AiCloud already so waiting a little longer changes nothing. And I personally rather want everything done right than rushed :)

Look forward to it. But wait I will because I do not want to miss out on his excellent builds no matter how long it takes :)

@Merlin - Please do not feel this as pressure. Take your time. We waited long for AiCloud already so waiting a little longer changes nothing. And I personally rather want everything done right than rushed :)

In any case, I can't do anything until Asus releases the sources. They typically release sources only a day or two after the actual firmware.

No rush for AiCloud-merlin.

In any case, I can't do anything until Asus releases the sources. They typically release sources only a day or two after the actual firmware.
No sweat Merlin sir, please take your time. I cannot say how much I appreciate your work. I had actually flashed back to your RM15 from 3.0.0.4.208 as I could not get the Ethernet connection on one of my BluRay players to work no matter what I tried. The wireless connection would work but when I tried to access its Internet features, such as Vudu or Netflix, I would keep getting a network error message and couldn't view my selections. :mad:

Once I flashed back to 3.0.0.3.178.15 all was well. My Vudu and Netflix worked to perfection. I keep seeing people say that streaming 1080p HD video is either impossible or a very poor experience when doing so over WiFi. Well, I just watched Transformers last night in their HDX format which requires a minimum connection speed of 4.5Mbps without so much as one instance of buffering. :D

Just to be redundant I use my RT-N66U's 5GHz band to stream video to 2 DirectTV HD DVR's and 2 Samsung BluRay players with their SmartTV features. The two entertainment centers are connected wirelessly via TrendNet's TEW-680MB media bridges and one also has an Xbox 360 gaming console attached as well. The RT-N66U, once flashed with Merlin's most-excellent firmware, flawlessly streams HD Video, the gaming console feed and Internet connections via the 2.4GHz band to a boatload of clients. The router is currently listing 28 clients although not all of those are active at the same time. :)