What's new

Aimesh access intranet

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

matty125

New Around Here
Hi,

Ive been running an rt-ac86u on Merlin firmware 386.3_2 for some time. In addition I have a couple of rt-ac68u as aimesh nodes (running same Merlin firmware version no ) and recently come into some issues where periodically can't connect to the admin console. My current setup is rather basic with a VPN server and one client configured. The only addin I have currently enabled is nsru.

In trying to trouble shoot I have reset (and initialised) the router and flash the standard Asus firmware to each node and re-added. I also used nsru to add back my config, but not the jffs partition.. on restart everything works perfectly, until I tried to setup the guest WiFi.

Whilst the guest WiFi works and is pushed to the nodes correctly, as soon as I enable access intranet = false, I can now longer access the router admin console. The internet still works as does SSH, but I lose access to the GUI console.

I fully accept this could possibly an issue in restoring a backup using the nsru config or more probably a lack in my understanding but does anyone know what could be causing the issue before I try the reset again without the restore..

Thanks for any help offered..

What happens if you restart the gui via ssh?
Code:
service restart_httpd

Hi, thanks for the prompt response. Unfortunately it simply returns me to the login screen but then 'hangs' on a blank screen after submitting user name and passwords .

Just to close this thread, i rebuild the router from scratch this evening but still had network issues so suspect one of the aimesh nodes was failing. I removed it from the network and it's now working as expected so assume a hardware fault. Thank you.

Good to hear you're up and running again @matty125.

For anyone else that comes along with the same problem: I was getting the same symptoms when running asuswrt-merlin on my nodes + VPN + guest 1 on wired backhaul: GUI freezes after entering credentials in login screen. Nothing in the logs. Solution in my case was to move the node to stock firmware (router remains on Merlin). I suspect that the above elements don't play well together in the current asuswrt-merlin firmware, perhaps causing the GUI to go into an infinite loop when it tries to load aimesh data.

Hi, thanks for your last update. In looking at my "faulty" node (that I took offline) for some reason it was still using the Merlin firmware - I replace this with stock (as per my other node) and reconnected and its been fine since.. fingers crossed this has resolved my issue - many thanks for your help...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!