What's new

Aimesh advanced Wifi settings for all devices?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Henk-J

Occasional Visitor
I have a Aimesh network with 3 devices: Central Rt-Ax82U, en 2 remotes RT-AX82U en a RT-AX58U. (wirelessly connected)

When I change in the "core" device, in advanced settings, the beacon interval, it looks like this setting is not copied to the other devices. (at least when I snif with some other device).
How can one change these settings in all devices?

2nd question, it looks like sometimes the settings are not applied at all. And I need to turn all off/on?

Welcome to the forums @Henk-J.

After changing the settings, are you hitting 'Apply' at the bottom of the page?

You may need to also to reboot the entire system via the AiMesh Settings option in the GUI. I do this step after any change in the settings.

You may need to also to reboot the entire system via the AiMesh Settings option in the GUI. I do this step after any change in the settings.
Yes, sure I hit Apply...

Rebooting the entire system is something I tried to avoid, but if it is needed it is needed.

Interesting question - so I had to try a quick experiment.

On my main router (AX88U), I did an nvram show on one of the advanced settings. I chose the DTIM interval.
nvram show | grep dtim showed wl0_dtim, wl1_dtim and wl_dtim all at 3. The default.
I sshed in an AiMesh Node (AX58U) and checked the same
All 3 XX_dtim showed 3.
I went to the Wireless->Professional tab, selected the 5Ghz radio and set the DTIM interval to 4.
Then did the nvram show | grep dtim
wl0_dtim and wl_dtim stayed at 3, but wl1_dtim was now 4.
sshd, into the AiMesh Node, did another grep
and
same result as the main (AX88U). wl1_dtim was now 4.

So, at least for dtim, AiMesh does propagate settings to the nodes. Not sure about all, but it does function they way you would hope and expect.

Yes, sure I hit Apply...

Rebooting the entire system is something I tried to avoid, but if it is needed it is needed.
Interesting question - so I had to try a quick experiment.

On my main router (AX88U), I did an nvram show on one of the advanced settings. I chose the DTIM interval.
nvram show | grep dtim showed wl0_dtim, wl1_dtim and wl_dtim all at 3. The default.
I sshed in an AiMesh Node (AX58U) and checked the same
All 3 XX_dtim showed 3.
I went to the Wireless->Professional tab, selected the 5Ghz radio and set the DTIM interval to 4.
Then did the nvram show | grep dtim
wl0_dtim and wl_dtim stayed at 3, but wl1_dtim was now 4.
sshd, into the AiMesh Node, did another grep
and
same result as the main (AX88U). wl1_dtim was now 4.

So, at least for dtim, AiMesh does propagate settings to the nodes. Not sure about all, but it does function they way you would hope and expect.
Will try the same, thanks for the hints

Rebooting the entire system may not be needed (for all settings). But it is one of my tests (to ensure the network comes up properly afterward).