What's new

AiMesh and guest WiFi on node

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kanji-San

Regular Contributor
Currently AiMesh nodes do not support guest WiFi. I have two RT-AC68U (384.17), one as a router, the other one as the AiMesh node. I would like to have the same guest WiFi on the AiMesh node as on the router with the guest clients being isolated from each other and the internal network.
This should be achievable with VLAN tagging.

Does anybody have a working solution?
Would AiMesh interfere, maybe due to copying settings from the router to the node, with this potential solution?

For anyone looking to get this working - as of January 2021 I managed to get Guest Wifi working on an AIMESH mode.

The key problem is that it is NOT documented anywhere \ no instructions.

My setup is the beta Jan 21 firmware on the main router (the release version might work but I was trying everything to get this working) and stock firmware on the AIMesh node.

On the main router go into the "Guest Network" section and click on a network to edit the details - there should be a section titled "Sync to AiMesh Node" with a dropdown with options of "Router Only or All" - change the setting from "Router Only" to "All". Apply the changes etc and that should be it. If the option is not there you might need to delete the network and recreate it.

Reading another post it might also be that only those guest networks in the first column have the "Sync to AiMesh Node" option.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!