What's new

Aimesh and Repeater mode question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Scansbar

Occasional Visitor
Hello all,
Have a simple question and was wondering if any one knew. I have two ac68u routers and was wondering if anyone knew the following before I reconfigure my network. Currently I have it setup in aimesh mode and have the latest firmware and rebooted last night. The main router has been up for 12 hours and the mode router only 10 hours so obviously they got disconnected at one point or the wireless log is not correct. I'm running a continuous ping in the meantime to determine which is correct which leads me to this question. If I remove the aimesh and use use second router as a repeater and use the same ssid and password and not have the dhcp option running on the second router will the clients of the second router show up in the second router client list or since it's getting the dhcp from the main router it will list the clients there or will it show the second router with let's 5 five connections hiding behind it as many range extenders show. Just curious as I may want to use a different channel for the second router since it lost its connection and can only think of interference causing it. Let me know what you think as it's not possible to use the second router as an access point as an ethernet cable would not do in my scenario.
Appreciate your time and feedback.
Mark

Have you installed last 32738 firmware?

In AP mode on node you will see its connected clients and on parent router too, but there as ethernet of course.
But whole device list is broken since long time not showing all clients, at least for me it seems to be more stable with last firmware.

Oh, just see you asked for repeater mode, I only answered for AP - sorry, forget it for your case.