What's new

AIMesh and WPS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

outlaw78

Regular Contributor
I can't seem to find an answer after about 1 hour of searching the internet for the answer so I'm sorry if it's right under my nose.

I have an Rt-5300 and an Rt-68P set up in AImesh mode with the 5300 as the AImesh router. I enabled WPS for the initial setup, but now that its up and working, I want to disable WPS. This is the specific question to what answer I am seeking.

Can WPS be disabled once AImesh has been established? I disabled it and I got the pop-up about loosing connectivity amoung wireless devices. When the UI came back up it still looked like everything was connected. However, after several minutes we started loosing connectivity with the node. Is this is what WPS is needed for?

WPS, is needed for the initial setup. You can disable it, if you are using a wired backhaul. If you are using a true wireless mesh, I am fairly certain it must remain on. Later on if you add more nodes you can re enable it if needed for there setup.

I disabled it on mine and have no issues, However, I am using a wired backhaul.

WPS, is needed for the initial setup. You can disable it, if you are using a wired backhaul. If you are using a true wireless mesh, I am fairly certain it must remain on. Later on if you add more nodes you can re enable it if needed for there setup.

I disabled it on mine and have no issues, However, I am using a wired backhaul.

Well, I disabled it again and I am solely wireless and everything appears to be working now. Time will tell I guess.

If anyone is running on wireless only and has disabled WPS with the latest firmware as of the date of this post and its working, please comment.

i use AIMesh with disabled WPS, and work ok.

I only enable WPS for AiMesh setup; then disable it.

OE

I can confirm that you can disable it after it is setup. AI-Mesh (no wired backhaul) is still running after WPS disable.

When you add new Node with WPS disabled, the informed message shall be pop up to tell you that the WPS will be enabled. you have to disabled WPS manually if you wanted.