What's new

Aimesh bad speeds when reconnecting to main router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Erikx

New Around Here
So I'm running aimesh with 2 ac68u nodes and 1 ax58u as router. If I go to 1 node and gets connected to it and then go back in range of main router, i then get 3-50 up and down. If i turn on and off my wifi i will get 250-400up and down. This is really frustrating, any idea why this happens ? Only happens when i go from node to main router.

Also sometimes 5g network from aimesh nodes isnt available, any idea why that might happen ? They are all connected via ethernet.

If I go to 1 node and gets connected to it and then go back in range of main router, i then get 3-50 up and down.

Your device may be physically in the range of main router, but remain connected to the node. Most Apple devices are "sticky", for example, they tend to hold the signal even at very low levels. AiMesh doesn't support any real mesh roaming technologies, it's like adding Access Points with more user-friendly management. And a fancy name for marketing purposes, of course.

I use wifi analyser on my android phone, and it is connected to another macid so should be the router I'm sure of