Solved AiMesh Binding RT-AX86U

EastcoastJoe

New Around Here
Just added an RP-AX56 mesh node with a wireless backhaul to my RT-AX86U network. Was working great, but I noticed a couple of wifi light switches were moving back and for between the the two (causing dhcp deauth reason unknown events, and 30sec outage on device while it reconnected), I decided to bind everything that was not mobile on the network (~60 devices). This was working great. Then out of curiosity I hit the Optimization button. This seemed to unbind everything on the RT-AX86U, and now I can't bind anything. I can still bind things on the RP-AX56. When I try to bind devices that are currently connected to the RP-AX56, it does move to the RT-AX86U and says in a popup message that it is is bound, however the icon does not change to the unbind icon, and it still continues to jump between the two. I have tried restarting the router. I'm using Merlin version 386.7_2 on the router.
 
Last edited:

EastcoastJoe

New Around Here
I logged in with ssh and found...

command:
nvram get sta_binding_list

reports:
<router-mac>1>80,undefined|device0-mac,3|...deviceX-mac,3<rp-mac>1>device0-mac,3|...deviceX-mac,3

When I removed the "80,undefined" It seems to be working again
 

Similar threads

Latest threads

Sign Up For SNBForums Daily Digest

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!
Top