What's new

AiMesh catchup questions

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kenhlan

Regular Contributor
Been fairly happy on my AC68 centric network, with an AC66 as an extender for my kids' guest SSID, and range extender for my media devices' guest SSID'.

Just reading about AiMesh and have a few basic questions:

- I assume Merlins F/W retains the AiMesh capability from the factory F/W - yes?
- Is the AiMesh capability finally now able to support guest/SSID network(s) through the node(s)?
- Can the NVRAM save and restore utility be utilized? From conventional to Ai Mesh? From AiMesh to AiMesh?
- Can/does the AB-Solution Adblocker utility still function/ still be installed in the AiMesh router configuration??

The lack of Guest capability (if still the case), may put me off for a bit. Across the two freq bands, I have 3 or 4 guest networks, for kids, media devices, segregated/isolated from my main network....

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Been fairly happy on my AC68 centric network, with an AC66 as an extender for my kids' guest SSID, and range extender for my media devices' guest SSID'.

Just reading about AiMesh and have a few basic questions:

- I assume Merlins F/W retains the AiMesh capability from the factory F/W - yes?
- Is the AiMesh capability finally now able to support guest/SSID network(s) through the node(s)?
- Can the NVRAM save and restore utility be utilized? From conventional to Ai Mesh? From AiMesh to AiMesh?
- Can/does the AB-Solution Adblocker utility still function/ still be installed in the AiMesh router configuration??

The lack of Guest capability (if still the case), may put me off for a bit. Across the two freq bands, I have 3 or 4 guest networks, for kids, media devices, segregated/isolated from my main network....

Thanks in advance

No AiMesh with Merlin.

No guest networks on nodes, yet.

Yes, you can restore, but I would only restore to the same router same firmware, which is of marginal usefulness. Mostly, you will re-configure from scratch until the firmware becomes steady state, imo. I tried to restore a new 86U router config to a second new 86U last night and it took way longer than a minute and then the 2.4 GHz signal was dropping momentarily like it did before 32799. A re-config from scratch set things right, as usual.

I don't know about adblocker/utilities.

OE