What's new

AiMesh disable main node wifi during the evening but not the other nodes

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nickie

Regular Contributor
Hi everyone,

As the title says, is it possible to disable the main node wifi during a period of the day (evening) while leaving the remaining nodes wifi on if they are connected by cable?

Thanks!

@nickie, welcome.

Yes. I think!

What firmware are you running? What specific models? What other options and features are you relying on your network from your router(s)?

I'm currently using a ax55 and considering buying an ax58u and use it as the main router and use the ax55 as node. The ax55 would be fine as main router, but it lacks one or two things in the aiprotection that the ax58u has. Currently I'm using the ax55 with a tp-link 1043nd running ddwrt as a WAP linked via powerline but it's always a pain to be changing the network. The ax55 is running the 384.xxx asuswrt firmware. The objective would be to replace the tp-link

Can someone contribute their experience on the required use (turn off main routers' radios, keep wired AiMesh routers working)?

The RT-AX58U should give you what you need (if your main query is possible). I would suggest you flash to the 386.xx branch on both routers to have the most satisfying experience today.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!