What's new

AiMesh Ethernet Backhaul

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

unsynaps

I am trying to find out if this is true or not. If it is JFC Asus needs to get their head out of their asses.

Does AiMesh ethernet backhaul mode ONLY work if the slave node is plugged DIRECTLY into the master node?

The only damned way I could even get the slave node to connect to the master node is to directly connect it over ethernet. Searching for it over WiFi like the instructions say does not work at all.
Had to do a lot of Googleing to find out there was a wired method as their official docs do not even mention this.
I then set it to connect over ethernet only using the iOS app.

Once I got it configured, I moved the slave node to where it will reside on my rack and plugged it in to the switch there. The master node refuses to see it no matter what I do.

EDIT: Well after messing with this for hours AiMesh seems to only work when the master and slave are directly connected to each other which renders this feature absolutely useless.

Last edited:
I would not expect an AXE class router and an AC class router to work well together. At least, not initially. Give Asus time to fine tune the new hardware's firmware. Report the issue to help them too, where you can.

In the meantime..

At least, not unless the AXE router is crippled to match the AC router's capabilities.

The best use may be in (wired) AP mode. Or, used in Media Bridge mode for any wired capable clients you may have.