What's new

Aimesh ethernet link speed after firmware update to 3.0.0.4.386_41634-g08f88ae

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JoshS

New Around Here
I have an AX86U with an AC68U as a mesh node with Ethernet back-haul enabled. It was working great until I updated the firmware on the AC68 from 384 to 386. Now the link speed is only 10/100 when before it was 1000. Has anyone else had this issue? My AX86 is on the newest not beta 386.41935. I tried doing a hard reset on the AC68, (power off, hold down WPS) but no changes. I have restarted everything several times, tried unplugging and pluging into other ports, no luck. Other devices are connecting 1 Gbps. Looking at the forums I have not seen anyone else reporting this issue.

Any advice would be great!

Thank you!
1612225989952.png

I have an AX86U with an AC68U as a mesh node with Ethernet back-haul enabled. It was working great until I updated the firmware on the AC68 from 384 to 386. Now the link speed is only 10/100 when before it was 1000. Has anyone else had this issue? My AX86 is on the newest not beta 386.41935. I tried doing a hard reset on the AC68, (power off, hold down WPS) but no changes. I have restarted everything several times, tried unplugging and pluging into other ports, no luck. Other devices are connecting 1 Gbps. Looking at the forums I have not seen anyone else reporting this issue.

Any advice would be great!

Thank you!
View attachment 30143

Is there a switch?

Have you moved the node close and tried a different cable?

OE

Last edited:
Is there a switch?

Have a moved the node close and tried a different cable?

OE
No switch. I have not tried a different cable, I guess I figured it was not the cable because it was not a problem until I updated the firmware, but I’ll try just to make sure.

Figured it out! I am glad you said check the cables Ozark! I took the router upstairs and plugged it directly into the AX86 with a known good cable and it worked! Turns out the end of the long cable in the wall was getting pulled (for years) and I guess it's just not making good enough of a connection anymore. I need to put a new end on it. Thanks!

Figured it out! I am glad you said check the cables Ozark! I took the router upstairs and plugged it directly into the AX86 with a known good cable and it worked! Turns out the end of the long cable in the wall was getting pulled (for years) and I guess it's just not making good enough of a connection anymore. I need to put a new end on it. Thanks!

Cool! The conductor/contact crimps may have worked loose in the RJ-45 connector... or may have been marginal to begin with... or you have mice or cats! :)

OE