1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Aimesh for AC56U?

Discussion in 'ASUSWRT - Official' started by follower, Feb 4, 2018.

1. follower

follower Regular Contributor

Why doesn't AC56U support Aimesh?
    Is there any specific reason?

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. st3v3n

st3v3n Senior Member

Follower, we'll have to try to be patient as it's still early in the AIMesh roll-out; all things in good time. You might ask Asus support, couldn't hurt to have all of we who have these older models ask nicely. I suspect if f it's meant to be, they'll put it on the list as they go along. It still makes a great backup router and AP so there's still hope. Cheers.

4. Payam Nab

Payam Nab New Around Here

Any news on ac56u aimesh support?

5. AndreiV

AndreiV Very Senior Member

Payam Nab likes this.
  6. st3v3n

st3v3n Senior Member

Alas, there's always John's fork for the AC56U, tough little performer over the years, has made a good standby router and AP, if you don't need aimesh.

7. heysoundude

heysoundude Senior Member

Surprised (pleasantly!) that my n66 hasn't been obsoleted. Gives me a bit of faint hope that they're working on a way to include it in the AiMesh family, but I'm not holding my breath.

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!