What's new

AiMesh Gigabit Internet Slow Speed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rsunny2012

Regular Contributor
Hello,

i am having 1 Gbps internet speed. i have 2 routers connected in Aimesh setup
Main Router: GT-AC5300 connected to Modem
Secondary Router ( Upstairs): GT-AC5300 Connected in AiMesh setup ( with Ethernet wired connection from main router)

When i connect 1 Computer to Secondary Router ( Via Aimesh setup with LAN cable), i am getting around 950 Mbps Speed. But when i connect second laptop to the same Aimesh router ( Lan cable), i am getting around 200 to 250 Mbps Speed. ( i am not testing speeds on both computers simultaneously. i am testing speeds at one at a time)
if there are multiple connections to the Aimesh router, i am getting less internet speeds. when i disconnect 1 laptop and only connect 1 laptop to Aimesh router, i am getting full Gigabit speeds

i have removed AiMesh and connected 2nd router as Access Point.
when i connect multiple devices to the secondary router, i am getting full speeds ( up to 950 Mbps)

why is this happening ?
i am on 3.0.0.4.384_45149 firmware on both the routers

Hello,

i am having 1 Gbps internet speed. i have 2 routers connected in Aimesh setup
Main Router: GT-AC5300 connected to Modem
Secondary Router ( Upstairs): GT-AC5300 Connected in AiMesh setup ( with Ethernet wired connection from main router)

When i connect 1 Computer to Secondary Router ( Via Aimesh setup with LAN cable), i am getting around 950 Mbps Speed. But when i connect second laptop to the same Aimesh router ( Lan cable), i am getting around 200 to 250 Mbps Speed. ( i am not testing speeds on both computers simultaneously. i am testing speeds at one at a time)
if there are multiple connections to the Aimesh router, i am getting less internet speeds. when i disconnect 1 laptop and only connect 1 laptop to Aimesh router, i am getting full Gigabit speeds

i have removed AiMesh and connected 2nd router as Access Point.
when i connect multiple devices to the secondary router, i am getting full speeds ( up to 950 Mbps)

why is this happening ?
i am on 3.0.0.4.384_45149 firmware on both the routers

Don't know. Did you set the node properties for Ethernet backhaul connection type just in case it's falling back to wireless backhaul?

When you setup AiMesh, did you reset to factory defaults before configuring the router and adding the node?

OE

yes i have connected the aimesh router via wired ethernet. i have ressetted the router before configuring it as aimesh node
if i connect 1 laptop, i am getting gigabit speeds ( around 950 Mbps). if multiple devices ( or even 2 devices0 are connected to router, i am getting only up to 200 to 300 Mbps

yes i have connected the aimesh router via wired ethernet. i have ressetted the router before configuring it as aimesh node
if i connect 1 laptop, i am getting gigabit speeds ( around 950 Mbps). if multiple devices ( or even 2 devices0 are connected to router, i am getting only up to 200 to 300 Mbps

Did you set the node connection type to Ethernet to force it to use the wire or is it set to Auto?

OE

i have downgraded my firmware to 3.0.0.4.384_32799 . now everything is working fine
i am getting good speeds
i think in latest firmware, 2nd 5GHZ is dedicated to backhaul channel

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!