What's new

Aimesh issue with 3.0.0.4.384.21140

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

follower

Very Senior Member
Router: AC68U(node), AC88U(main)

AC68U Firmware: 3.0.0.4.384.21140
AC88U firmware: 3.0.0.4.384.21045
Issue: Aimesh.
1. Sometimes devices can't find wifi.
2. Sometimes Wifi is disconnected suddenly.
3. Sometimes very weak signal.

I think it doesn't change the connection from main to node properly.
Is this firmware fixed bugs or created new bugs? There was no problem with previous firmware at all. I'm gonna clear NVRAM and reattach nodes later. Why is this only happened to me? I'm cursed.

Last edited:
Router: AC68U(node)
Firmware: 3.0.0.4.384.21140?
Issue: Aimesh issue.

Is this firmware fixed bugs or created new bugs? There was no problem with previous firmware at all. I'm gonna clear NVRAM and reattach nodes later. Why is this only happened to me? I'm cursed.
Not just you. I've been having issues with my vobot clock dropping wi-fi for no reason, and also a wemo plug not connecting since I upgraded to 140 on my AC66U-B1 running as an AP (since i've never managed to get it to reconect as a node under mesh after removing it) , planning on reverting to previous version this evening.

How is your backhaul for AiMesh configured: wired or wireless?

Could you send feedback with system log, WiFi log by Feedback function?

Reverted to 2105 on my AC66U-B1 , Vobot clock and Wemo plug now connected. Updated router 3.5 hours ago all ok so far.

I can never get wired node to work correctly outside of main router Wi-Fi range.. on any Firmware including 21045

I run it as AP...

Router: AC68U(node), AC88U(main)

AC68U Firmware: 3.0.0.4.384.21140
AC88U firmware: 3.0.0.4.384.21045
Issue: Aimesh.

Could you send feedback with system log, wifi log by Feedback function @ Administration - Feedback?

upload_2018-7-13_14-38-22.png

I can never get wired node to work correctly outside of main router Wi-Fi range.. on any Firmware including 21045
Hi Monaro,
I have a similar Problem during the early Beta. I did the following and I don't seem to have any issue now ... hope it is relevant to you:
  • If you have Gigabit Switch in-between you AiMesh Router and AiMesh Node(s):
    • I found that my old Cisco Switch was not compatible, I have since changed to a more recent LinkSys (LGS108) unmanaged switch. Backhaul Ethernet has work for me consistently since the change.
    • Alternatively, you can change "Connection priority" to "Ethernet" instead of "Auto"
  • When Searching for AiMesh Node after Factory Reset, the pairing only works over WiFi (not Wired) for current firmware:
    • So you may have to bring you AiMesh Node(s) to within 3m for pairing to work, after that you can deploy it at the appropriate position (I don't like this as it is quite troublesome exercise)
    • For my case, I have a longish apartment, and my AiMesh Router (at one end of apartment) and Nodes are in one long row (one in the middle and at the other end of apartment, separated by walls). Step (1) I found that I can pair AiMesh Router with the AiMesh Node in the center first (as signal strengthen is strong enough). Step(2) once done I then search and pair with the AiMesh Node at the other end of the apartment.
    • I have a habit of doing Factory Reset with each new Firmware Update, which will then require me to do the search and pairing of AiMesh Nodes; so got a lot of practices and found that it works consistently.
All the best :)

I run it as AP...
Run mine in AP wired too and works well (except guest SSID).
Make it similar to LimJK, first put them side by side and parent-LAN to node-WAN ethernet connection, they are both in AP mode before.
Load latest 21152 or 21140 on both units.
Do both units have same region setting (#a/0 will work too)?
Reset parent to factory and initialize and set to AP-mode, dont make any other settings only most neccessary SSID/PW, User/PW, DHCP coming from modem-router in front.
Then reset node too to factory, connect to it over WiFi directly, set to AiMesh node-mode and let parent search for it, after connected click on meshed node and change from Auto to ethernet backhaul!
At the end you could reboot both on there now place and will find each other.

Check the cable to the far location without WiFi, maybe the problem relays ot that!

I have found stability issue for 21045 as well. And because I am a bit busy these few weeks, I just rollback to 9.0.0.4_384_631 for simplicity.

The symptom that I found is the Wifi is still connecting but suddenly it cannot access the Internet, with the Wifi still reported to have full signal.

My configuration is: RT-AC88U as AP and RT-AC88U node + RT-AC86U node.

I will try to update all 3 devices to latest firmware when I have some spare time next week and see if the stability problem can be identified.

I have found stability issue for 21045 as well. And because I am a bit busy these few weeks, I just rollback to 9.0.0.4_384_631 for simplicity.

The symptom that I found is the Wifi is still connecting but suddenly it cannot access the Internet, with the Wifi still reported to have full signal.

My configuration is: RT-AC88U as AP and RT-AC88U node + RT-AC86U node.

I will try to update all 3 devices to latest firmware when I have some spare time next week and see if the stability problem can be identified.
Richard,
I have something quite similar, however, not sure if it is the same issue. See my post for the previous FW. Hope you can resolve your issue :)
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...3-0-0-4-384-21045-released.47196/#post-412466

I don't use Switch, and i don't have problem setting it up .. Node working fine for hours some time days , problems stars later ... some thing like it no longer showing to be LAN connected(1) , devices in range drop connection(2) and can't reconnect showing password is wrong(3). In AP mode all working fine..

I have a two node aimesh setup with a main AC86U [firmware 3.0.0.4.384_21140-ge07a2dd] and a remote AC68U [firmware 3.0.0.4.384_21140-ge07a2dd] that has been acting strangely for some weeks. Basically, hardly any devices connect to the remote node despite significantly better signal/proximity. Today, I switched off the "Airtime Fairness" options [under "Professional" settings for both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands, and suddenly the remote node picked up 10 connections. The signal strength at the most distant [from the main router] devices has improved too. It looks like this option interferes with the routing/roaming of the mesh network.

I have a two node aimesh setup with a main AC86U [firmware 3.0.0.4.384_21140-ge07a2dd] and a remote AC68U [firmware 3.0.0.4.384_21140-ge07a2dd] that has been acting strangely for some weeks. Basically, hardly any devices connect to the remote node despite significantly better signal/proximity. Today, I switched off the "Airtime Fairness" options [under "Professional" settings for both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands, and suddenly the remote node picked up 10 connections. The signal strength at the most distant [from the main router] devices has improved too. It looks like this option interferes with the routing/roaming of the mesh network.

airtime fairness is known to cause strange problems in general, doesn't surprise me at all.

I disabled NAT acceleration before because of many issues per @arthurlien help, but with this new firmware I am having a ton of roaming issues. Dropped Facetime Audio/Video and Whatsapp Audio/Video when roaming around the house and I have to switch to LTE...

3.0.0.4.384_21140 running on both main / node. Node is wired (RT-AC1900P for both)

I tried to send feedback but port 25 is being blocked by my ISP, wish there was a different way to submit feedback.

Edit: FYI - I was able to submit a feedback, I just used a VPN client in the router to bypass ISP restriction.

Last edited:
Similar issue here - I'll lose DNS, then Wifi, and then both spring back - takes about a minute, all told. Has only happened since 21140 installed.

Nothing to speak of in system or wifi logs, either. Very weird.