What's new

AIMesh issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

viper111

Occasional Visitor
Hi guys,

thanks for having me here, AIMesh is still kind of new to me!
AC86U Router
AC86U Node 1
AC68U Node 2
AC68U Node 3

log:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dec 31 14:31:29 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(511): eth5: Disassoc 3C:7C:3F:AC:C6:71, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8), rssi:0
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3200sf, 3 floors, metal is blocking of the 1st and 2nd floor (chimney and elevator)

viper111

Hi guys,

AC86U Router
AC86U Node 1
AC68U Node 2
AC68U Node 3

log:
Dec 31 14:31:29 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(511): eth5: Disassoc 3C:7C:3F:AC:C6:71, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8), rssi:0

3200sf, 3 floors, metal is blocking of the 1st and 2nd floor (chimney and elevator)

viper111
If you'd like a question answered it would be best to ask it. What device has disassociated?

Router is going down every day in the morning mostly.
Just want to know if this log has some to do with it

Router is going down every day in the morning mostly.
Just want to know if this log has some to do with it
No.

What do you mean by going down? Crashing? Rebooting? Lost WAN connection? Lost WIFI? Or something else?

How much area are you covering with these 4 broadcasters? That's a /lot/ of radio for anything but a very large space, especially the way AiMesh works. This question may address something to do with your issue, whatever it may turn out to be.

How much area are you covering with these 4 broadcasters? That's a /lot/ of radio for anything but a very large space, especially the way AiMesh works. This question may address something to do with your issue, whatever it may turn out to be.
Can you read my first post?

If you have Ethernet backhaul options why are you wasting your time with wireless AiMesh? It's no much different than a router with a bunch of repeaters cutting your throughput to repeater attached clients in half and depending on current Wi-Fi environment conditions.

Thanks Tech9 for your answer!

Well, I got a picky wife, she don't want to see long ethernet cable on the floor.
Ethernet ports far away from current position. Believe me I had to fight for this location.
In order to use that, I would have to install a Ethernet outlet right beside the router!

picky wife

Perhaps your hardware choice wasn't right and you had to go with something more aesthetically pleasing for 2024. Wife is more important than Wifi. A new Google Nest Wifi Pro is excellent home mesh system and was on sale not long ago. Better than AiMesh and if you like Asuswrt-Merlin you could keep one Asus router only in more hidden location as wired router + better looking Nest for Wi-Fi around the house. This is what some folks around did, they don't ask AiMesh troubleshooting questions and don't put their life in danger. 🤭

1704209384952.png

Last edited:
I would have to install a Ethernet outlet right beside the router
Is it an interior wall, with access below from an unfinished basement or crawlspace; or from above via an attic?

If so it's very easy to do. If not it'd be worth a few bucks extra anyway to have it done.

You right, but she is complaining about the WIFI if it isn't covering everywhere. :(
Google is a no no. We had that before.
So, I guess I don't have an option, got to open the wall and get ethernet there!
This is the better way, since this is the only unit that isn't close to ethernet outlet.
Patchpanel and Gigabit switch in basement!

Is it an interior wall, with access below from an unfinished basement or crawlspace; or from above via an attic?

If so it's very easy to do. If not it'd be worth a few bucks extra anyway to have it done.
above is the attic, answer is yes.
It is crazy that I just open the walls for IP cameras!

Got to wait until she is gone for a few weeks! :D

Thanks for all the help guys!

Going to run ethernet cable temporary to test the issue!
All the ethernet cables in the wall are in flex conduit.
Ready for fiber!

The only "opening" you need to make is to install one of these: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Carlon-...trical-Switch-and-Outlet-Box-B114RB/100404027

No need to run conduit. Cut the ~2" x ~3" hole for the box, drill a hole through the double top plate above (or the sub-floor / bottom plate below) in the same wall cavity, drop/push the wire through and fish it out the wall hole. Less than a 1/2 cup of drywall dust and wood chips at most. No finish work required. You can do it while she's at the supermarket. Happy husband happy life!

Going to run ethernet cable temporary to test the issue!

If you still have AiMesh issues even with Ethernet backhaul - break AiMesh and set the extra routers in AP Mode. It works always. You'll lose the buggy Guest Network to nodes feature, but gain stability and more control over APs. Potentially higher throughput when using different channels. The roaming will be the same as AiMesh. Play with Tx power and Roaming Assistant for better results. You can even tune it for better roaming than AiMesh.

Hi guys,

AC86U Router
AC86U Node 1
AC68U Node 2
AC68U Node 3

log:

viper111

I faced the same problem, But after some hrs, it is now working fine. Is everything good on your side? feeling buried under a mountain of coursework? Been there, done that! But let me tell you, WritingUniverse's https://writinguniverse.com/coursework-writing-service/ Coursework Writing Service is a game-changer. They don't just write your papers, they basically become your study buddy. Imagine, all the resources and study materials you need, right at your fingertips! Recently, I was battling a super tough course and their meticulous research and writing saved me. My final paper was not just good, it was stellar! Trust me, they'll turn that overwhelming mess into a manageable masterpiece. Go forth and conquer!
Any update?