What's new

AiMesh Issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

M_K

New Around Here
Hi,

I've had a few Asus routers in recent years, and never really had any issues until I started to use AiMesh.

I have an AC86U as my main router, with an AC68U and AC88U as nodes. All running Merlin firmware 384.17.

I seem to have various issues:

- Chromecast not being available to cast (though it is connected - possibly because it connects to main router, and other devices to other node?)
- Wifi regularly dropping out
- Internet dropping out (though Wifi fine)

I have been through the logs, and changed a couple of settings in the "Professional" Wireless settings, as recommended in some threads here, but am still getting these issues.

I have uploaded some logs - could anyone suggest what the problem may be, and how to fix please?

PS - I have tried to redact some info from the logs - let me know if they become issues.

Thanks

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    438.5 KB · Views: 129
  • syslog (1).txt
    506.6 KB · Views: 100
Hi,

I've had a few Asus routers in recent years, and never really had any issues until I started to use AiMesh.

I have an AC86U as my main router, with an AC68U and AC88U as nodes. All running Merlin firmware 384.17.

- Chromecast not being available to cast (though it is connected - possibly because it connects to main router, and other devices to other node?)

I have been through the logs, and changed a couple of settings in the "Professional" Wireless settings, as recommended in some threads here, but am still getting these issues.

I have uploaded some logs - could anyone suggest what the problem may be, and how to fix please?

PS - I have tried to redact some info from the logs - let me know if they become issues.

Thanks

My install notes may help. I would install the 86U as router and use it for awhile. Define separate SSIDs per band and fixed channels. If that works ok after awhile, add the 68U node. If that works ok after awhile, add the 88U node. I would use stock firmware unless you need an Asuswrt-Merlin feature.

Don't add nodes until the router works reliably. Be sure to reset to factory defaults and configure from scratch. Don't configure the nodes.

OE

Hi,

Thanks
Sorry I know this post is old you may have sorted your chromecast issues out already. In the event you haven't I had the same issue ie chromecast connects to wifi (2.4GHz) but won't cast. Go to your settings for 2.4GHz (maybe for 5GHz as well) and enable Bluetooth....and magically all is good. Don't know why exactly it works... I think it has something to do with devices doing an initial handshake via Bluetooth to the Chromecast and then switching to wifi if all on the same wifi network.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!