What's new

AiMesh node for AX88U. Please help!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

akhil7j

New Around Here
This is my first post in this forum and if this violate any rule, please excuse me for that and let me know so that I can correct it.
I've been following this forum for quiet a long time and my queries were being answered till now. Now, I am stuck in a situation hence created account to ask the experts.

I recently purchased AX88U as my main router to replace ArcherC7 and would need help in below.

1) I want to add a new router which will be the AiMesh node to AX88U.
2) The AiMesh back-haul has to WiFi as Ethernet is not an option.
3) The apartment I am living has thick cement walls due to which the wireless signals drops. Modem location is weird and AX88U cant be moved.
4) I have prepared a rough layout of my apartment myself (not an expert but somehow managed) to understand the situation better. It also shows where Ax88U is where I mounted ArcherC7 and where my workstation is.
5) Requirement is Plex Streaming, Netflix, Web browsing, YouTube, file transfer from NAS, etc.
6) The new router has to serve the following clients
a) 4-5 iPhones
b) 2 iPads
c) PS4
d) 2 Laptops
e) Printer
f) Smart Speaker (Airplay)
g) Apple watch
6.1) Clients already connected to AX88U (wired and wireless)
a) Synology NAS (link aggregation)
b) Apple TV (wired)
c) Nvidia Shield (5Gz)
d) BluRay player
e) TV (2.4 Ghz)
f) Soundbar (2.4Ghz)
g) Alexa (2.4Ghz)
h) NUC PC (wired)

Few choices I made were, Asus Blue Cave, AX56U, AX3000. But wanted to ensure it will work.

Before posting, I also tried extending WiFi with ArcherC7 but ended up with lots of frustration everyday. It worked with factory firmware when 2.4Ghz used as back-haul but 5Ghz for clients again has range issues. 5Ghz as back-haul would have been perfect but for some unknown reasons, it drop packets every now and then. Flashed OpenWRT and then I got lost completely.

Attachments

• Appartment Layout.pdf
    122.4 KB · Views: 306

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!