What's new

AIMesh node keeps dropping

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jonathan Dixon

Occasional Visitor
I have a house with thick walls so have a spare router acting as a aimesh node.

The main router is a DSL-AC68U and the node is a RT-AC68U.

The whole system can be completely stable for a while and then randomly the node will just drop all connections. The main things that connect to the node are two google home speakers, a phone and a Firestick. Occasionally there will be other phones and laptops.

It seems that the drops happen when the data going through the router is high - ie. TV. The phone and speakers are usually ok, but once the connections go they go for everything. All I can do is reboot the node.

I've looked around but can't find much info on this. Any ideas? Or any other posts with suggestions that I've missed?

I have a house with thick walls so have a spare router acting as a aimesh node.

The main router is a DSL-AC68U and the node is a RT-AC68U.

The whole system can be completely stable for a while and then randomly the node will just drop all connections. The main things that connect to the node are two google home speakers, a phone and a Firestick. Occasionally there will be other phones and laptops.

It seems that the drops happen when the data going through the router is high - ie. TV. The phone and speakers are usually ok, but once the connections go they go for everything. All I can do is reboot the node.

I've looked around but can't find much info on this. Any ideas? Or any other posts with suggestions that I've missed?

DSL is always my first suspect... is the ISP connection glitching or are the devices losing their connection to the node?

Firmware after 21140 and before 45149 has a problem with the node connected wireless devices losing their connection under traffic load. A wireless laptop running speedtest.net repeatedly will show this.

OE

Thanks for the reply.

Its the connection to the node that is causing the problem. Connections to the main router are completely stable.

I tried running the speed test when connected to the node and couldn't replicate the drops, they just seem to happen of their own accord!

Also, I have 45149 on both routers, think thats the latest firmware?

Thanks for the reply.

Its the connection to the node that is causing the problem. Connections to the main router are completely stable.

I tried running the speed test when connected to the node and couldn't replicate the drops, they just seem to happen of their own accord!

Also, I have 45149 on both routers, think thats the latest firmware?

So, all wireless devices lose their connection to the node at once...

Assuming a wireless backhaul, does a wired device at the node still have Internet access... is the backhaul still up?

Have you tried using a WiFi analyzer app to inspect the node WiFi signal... do the 2.4/5.0 node signals stop broadcasting/stop displaying in the app?

OE

Last edited: